Are you looking for fun birthday party game ideas to use at your next party? What do you play and what activities do you do at your child's next birthday party? What about games for birthday parties that adults will enjoy? No matter what the theme of your party, the following birthday party game ideas can be easily used for loads of fun.
However, if your party has a theme such as Dora the Explorer, princess, or Thomas the Tank Engine, then you will want to adapt this game to fit the theme. When doing this for your child's party, you must first think about what comes to mind when everyone thinks of your particular theme and its characters.
For example, when I think of Dora, I think of Dora's backpack. The pin the tail on the donkey game for a Dora party would probably be called the "Put the map inside the Backpack" game.
For your daughter's Disney princess party, buy a poster of Cinderella. Then you can play "Does the Slipper Fit?" Each player had to try and pin the slipper as close to Cinderella's foot as possible.
For your son's Batman party, make a big cut-out of the Batmobile. Then go to my local key shop and ask them if you can purchase any keys that they had messed up on (you might get them free or at a very cheap price).
Each guest gets a key on which you write their names with a Sharpie marker. This game is called "Unlock the Batmobile." Whichever player gets their key closest to the Batmobile's door handle is the winner. Everyone gets to take home their own key that they use during the game.
If you don't know how to create your own version of pin the tail on the donkey, you can follow these steps to make an adapted version:
1. Decide the most important thing that the guests will think of when they think about the theme of your party.
2. After you have decided what to focus on, find a picture that doesn't have a copyright on it. Print this picture out if on the computer or make a copy of it if it is in a book. Coloring books are great resources for pictures.
3. Sometimes you can skip step 2 altogether if you can find a poster of what you are looking for. This is easy when it comes to themes such as a princess party or Thomas the Tank Engine.
4. After you have a copy of your picture or you have printed it out, you must find an overhead projector to borrow. Your child's teacher and your church are always good resources for overhead projectors. If you are good at drawing, then you can just draw your own picture on poster board.
5. Take your picture to your nearest photo copy store and have them copy it onto overhead film. Then place the overhead picture onto the overhead and project it onto a blank white wall. Tape a piece of poster board onto the wall and trace the projected picture onto the poster board.
6. Take the picture off of the wall and color it as you wish.
7. You will then need to make multiple copies (enough for each guest plus some extra) of the item that the guests will be trying to pin onto the picture. For instance, in the original pin the tail on the donkey game, there are usually tails for each guest. In a princess game, there would be enough slippers for each guest to have their own.
8. For extra durability, you can also have your local photo copy store laminate the poster and the individual pieces. This makes it easy to play your game as you can just put a piece of double sided tape on the back of each piece for easy placement.
9. Write each guest's name on their individual piece before
starting the game or you can use different colors for the different
pieces in order to tell each person's piece apart.
You're never too young or too old to celebrate with fun printable games! Many you can print right from your home computer for hours of fun. Even if you are last minute party planning? Just print great birthday party games and you are ready for guests!
You can see how it is very easy to decorate the limbo stick any
way that will go along with your birthday party theme. This is
really quite fun, and even the most timid guest will usually want to
Another party that a treasure hunt is fun to adapt for is a butterfly garden party. First, you sprinkle little artificial flowers around the yard. On one of the flowers, you attach a clue to lead them to the next destination or activity. The clue on the flower might say something like,
"Isn't it great?
Isn't it fun?
Picking beautiful flowers
In the sun?
But it sure can get hot
On a day like today!
Why don't you head on over
To the oak tree to play?
On the oak tree in your front yard, have construction paper butterflies pinned to the tree. Have everyone take off a butterfly. Someone's butterfly will have a saying on it that says something like this:
"You found some flowers
And even some butterflies.
Your next surprise
Will sure to soar high in the sky!
Now don't run too fast
And don't be too slow!
But carefully walk
To the garden where flowers grow."
When the kids get to your flower garden, have a box sitting there with kites inside. The kites can be your party favor for your guests. Be sure to have enough boy kites and girl kites to go around. Girls don't usually enjoy taking home a superhero kite and the boys don't take kindly to taking home a pink girly kite.
small kites can usually be found at your local discount or dollar
store. What a great inexpensive keepsake for your guests!
One of the most beloved birthday party game ideas to use is the pinata. Kids love pinatas! Today, you can find a pinata to go along with just about any party theme. These can be found online or at party stores and at your local discount or grocery store. If you are really crafty and patient, you can also make your own pinata.
You can't go wrong when using any one of the above birthday party game ideas. Adapting a simple game to match your theme of party is pretty easy and can be a lot of fun. Just keep it very simple. This is the part that makes it so much fun. You know the game, and you know the rules of the game. All you have to do is get a little creative and adapt it to fit your theme.
Elementary age kids love it when there is a twist on something familiar such as a game that they are familiar with like hide-and-seek. Enjoy and have fun with these birthday party game ideas! They can be as simple as you like or as elaborate and creative as you like.